Welcome to the Felix Cabrera official website!
Felix is featured on this great new album with Jimmy Vivino & the Black Italians. Click on the image above to order the album from iTunes. And CLICK HERE for photos from the show and a review with a preview video of this exciting performance.
Felix at the Turning Point
Here's some video of Felix playing with Jimmy Vivino at the Turning Point Cafe from March 30, 2012.
We think this reviewer is the genius
“...and the genius Felix Cabrera on harmonica. Felix has a great feel for the harmonica, and really classes up the joint wherever he plays...”
Felix’s Upcoming Gigs
More coming soon!
Felix Cabrera with the Matt Mirabile Band
Saturday, February 21, 2014 9pm to 1am
Harvey's Restaurant & Bar - 14 Phila Street - Saratoga Springs, NY - 518-583-0003Web Info
The Black Italians on Conan
Jimmy Vivino & the Black Italians appeared on the Conan show on January 28th, 2014 with Felix playing blues harp. From our friends at Blind Pig Records: "Jimmy Vivino and the Black Italians put on a spirited, soulful performance of Bob Dylan's “Maggie's Farm” during their appearance on Conan this week. The band's unique version of the song is featured on their recent Blind Pig release entitled 13 Live. The Black Italians lineup on the TV show included outstanding vocalist Catherine Russell, harmonica great Felix Cabrera, and special guest guitarist Leo Nocentelli of The Meters."
The Black Italians page at Blind Pig Records
Felix guests with the Prisoners of 2nd Avenue
The Prisoners of 2nd Avenue, the Fillmore-era tribute band featuring Jimmy Vivino, Rich Pagano and John Conte, got together at B.B. King's on November 30, 2013. Felix guested with the band. Pictures at the link.
Jimmy Vivino joins Felix on CD
Jimmy Vivino is featured on Felix Cabrera's CD, "Live at the Turning Point". This CD was recorded at the Turning Point Cafe in Piermont, New York on June 1, 2007 and features ten great live tracks. Playing with Jimmy and Felix is Eddy Bishai, Phil Butler and Bill Schroeder.
"A powerhouse set of tunes...a great sounding stack of music."
Dick Wissbaum, Big City Rhythm & Blues magazine (Dec '09)
Click the image to order either the CD or a download.
Click to Order
The Black Italians Record a Live Album
Jimmy Vivino & the Black Italians with Felix got together for the first time in several years to record a live album at Levon Helm Studios for Blind Pig Records. Everyone played great -- this album is going to be killer and will be released in May!
Click on the image above for photos from the show.
Click on the image above for a REVIEW and VIDEOS from the show.
Jimmy Vivino joins Felix again in Port Washington, NY
Felix Cabrera was joined by Jimmy Vivino at the Port Washington Polish Hall on Friday, March 23, 2012.
A great night of blues, r&b, jump and good old rock & roll.
Click the photo to see more
Felix & Jimmy video from March, 2012 at The Turning Point (Updated 4/21 w/ a better version)
Here's a great YouTube video from DubyBros featuring a montage of songs from this show. It's Jimmy, Felix, Mel Davis on keys with Phil Butler and Bill Schroeder. This one has pretty good sound and is nicely done, so it's worth a view/listen.
More on the Archive page.
Jimmy Vivino joins Felix in Port Washington, NY
Felix Cabrera was joined by Jimmy Vivino at the Port Washington Polish Hall on Friday, December 2, 2011.
We were back in the 1950s and early 1960s and the joint was jumpin'! Great place if only because there's a dance floor.
Click the photo to see more
Here's "Maggie's Farm" from that show as posted by Geremy Dubensky on You Tube:
More videos on the Archive page.
Jimmy Vivino plays with Felix
Jimmy Vivino came to New York on March 25th to play a killer set with Felix Cabrera at the beautiful Port Washington Public Library.
Click on the photo to see more great images from this reference show in how to play the blues.
A Twitter experiment...
Here's an experiment to see which Twitter feeds we can pick up about Felix and the Blues.
Meet the Band
L to R: Phil Butler (bass), Bill Schroeder (drums), Eddy Bishai (Hammond B3), Felix Cabrera (harmonica/vocals), Jimmy Vivino (guitar/vocals)
NEW and REVISED CONTENT (other than this page):
- April 12, 2012: Added YouTube videos. (Old photos moved to to the archive page).
- March 30, 2012: March 23, 2012 photos of Jimmy & Felix playing again at the Port Washington Polish Hall
- February 4, 2012: Added some additional vintage reviews
- January 20, 2012: New site!
- Felix & Jimmy playing with the Prisoners of 2nd Avenue from November of 2013
- Felix & Jimmy playing with the Black Italians at Levon Helm Studios from December of 2012
- March 23, 2012 photos of Jimmy & Felix playing at the Port Washington Polish Hall
- December 2, 2011 photos of Jimmy & Felix playing at the Port Washington Polish Hall
- March 25, 2009 photos of Jimmy & Felix playing at the Port Washington Public Library
- February 19, 2009 photos by Bernard Ente of Jimmy & Felix playing at the Turning Point Cafe
- Felix & Jimmy playing with the Black Italians at the Cutting Room from January of 2009
- Felix & Jimmy playing with the Black Italians at the Cutting Room from November of 2008
- Felix & Jimmy at the New A&M Roadhouse from February of 2008
- Felix & Jimmy at Wagner Park from July of 2006
- Felix & Jimmy at Dinosaur Barbque from January of 2006.
- More of Felix & Jimmy from 2003 and 2004.
Please use the Guest Book/Postings Board to tell us your ideas and
share comments about Felix and blues music with the community.
There is an incredible wealth of content here that we encourage you to explore!